HELPS TO BUILD THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
OMEGA - 3 HELPS TO BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND IN TERM PROTECT US TO FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19.
MAY HELP TO FIGHT AGAINST VIRUS
OMEGA - 3 HELPS TO FIGHT AGAINST VIRUS AND THUS IMPROVES CLINICAL OUTCOME.
MAY HELP WITH DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
OMEGA - 3 MAY HELP PREVENT AND TREAT DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY. EPA SEEMS TO BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE AT FIGHTING DEPRESSION
In recent years, coronavirus infections have been a significant source of morbidity and mortality around the world.
It is also known as acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), and is responsible for the pandemic of coronavirus disease COVID-19..
This infection usually causes a defined pattern of metabolic and clinical changes in affected patients.
Leukocytopenia, lymphopenia, and elevated C-reactive protein (CRP) can occur in the primary form of COVID-19. With disease progression, increasing levels of leukocytes, creatine kinase, and creatinine may also occu.
Host nutritional status has an important role in defense against viral infections.
Numerous studies have reported that malnourished humans are more susceptible to a wide variety of infections.
Indeed, proper nutrition can preserve the immune system and improve its function. Nutritional deficiencies influence both immune response and viral pathogenic functions.
Moreover, they may lead to oxidative stress in the host which can alter the genome of the virus, so that a normally benign or mildly pathogenic virus can convert to a highly virulent pathogen.
Omega - 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n3-PUFAs) are important mediators of inflammation and acquired immune responses and can amplify anti-inflammatory responses.
Recent studies have been shown that n3-PUFAs including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and α-linoleic acid (ALA) can increase the stability of the cell membrane, regulate immune function, block hyper inflammatory reactions, and reduce the incidence of systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS), multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS), and complications of infection
Rice et al. conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial and reported that the n-3 supplementation have beneficial effects of n3-PUFAs on the immune system.
1. Al-Osail AM, Al-Wazzah MJ. The history and epidemiology of middle east respiratory syndrome corona virus. Multidiscip Respir Med. 2017;12(1):1–6.
2. Ye Z-W, Yuan S, Yuen K-S, Fung S-Y, Chan C-P, Jin D-Y. Zoonotic origins of human coronaviruses. Int J Biol Sci. 2020;16(10):1686–97.
3. Kurpad AV. The requirements of protein & amino acid during acute & chronic infections. Indian J Med Res. 2006;124(2):129–48.
4. Han Q, Lin Q, Jin S, You L. Recent insights into 2019-nCoV: a brief but comprehensive review. J Infect. 2020;80(4):373–7.
5. Zhang L, Liu Y. Potential interventions for novel coronavirus in China: a systemic review. J Med Virol. 2020;92(5):479–90
6. Beck MA, Levander OA, Handy J. Selenium defciency and viral infection. J Nutr. 2003;133(5):1463S-7S.
7. López Plaza B, Bermejo López LM. Nutrición y trastornos del sistema inmune. Nutr Hosp. 2017;34:68–71.
8. BourBour F, Mirzaei Dahka S, Gholamalizadeh M, Akbari ME, Shadnoush M, Haghighi M, Taghvaye-Masoumi H, Ashoori N, Doaei S. Nutrients in prevention, treatment, and management of viral infections; special focus on coronavirus. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2020;7:1–10.
9. Bheliya VK, Pathak AK. clinical research and role of dietary supplement in the treatment of middle east respiratory syndrome current status. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2020;9(3):823–39.
10. Zhao Y, Wang C. Efect of ω-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid-supplemented parenteral nutrition on infammatory and immune function in postoperative patients with gastrointestinal malignancy: a meta-analysis of randomized control trials in China. Medicine. 2018;97(16):e0472.
RNGLAB (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED IS THE FASTEST-GROWING INDIAN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY BASED IN PUNE, INDIA WHICH IS ENGAGED IN THE RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, MANUFACTURING AND MARKETING OF INNOVATIVE PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS THAT POSITIVELY IMPACTS HUMAN LIVES.